For information about Belgium Beer Week 2023 please contact the following people depending on the language. Belgium Beer Week is organised by 啤酒白痴 vzw. You are free to use the text from the press release, the logo and the photos.
Ahmed ElAmin +32 475 937 194 (English)
Bas Boiy +32 488 050 003 (French, English & Dutch)
Dieter Proost (English & Dutch)
Belgium Beer Week 2023 kicks off 21-27 August
Meeting new and old friends and taking in the best of beer culture is on tap during Belgium Beer Week, which is held across Belgium and the world from 21 to 27 August.
Visitors can drink in the atmosphere as bars, brewers, beer shops, beer experts and guides offer 150+ innovative events during the week, including food pairings, tap and bar takeovers, brewery tours, collabs, blind tastings, beer museums, beer talks, bottle shares and other events.
Belgium Beer Week is hosted by participating venues and event organisers, who list the events on our calender and on social media. Visitors to the venues and events can explore and discover the old and the new, whether it is the latest craft bar, traditional brown bar or brewery.
The fourth edition of Belgium Beer Week also features beer museums across the country as part of the cultural experience. Beer experts and guides will also provide talks on Belgium’s beer history and the emerging field of beer archaeology, which traces the roots of beer making.
Ahmed ElAmin, Bas Boiy and Dieter Proost, the organisers of Belgium Beer Week, said this fourth edition highlights the rich history and culture of beer in Belgium.
“It’s always a wonderful surprise to see the types of innovative events that participants deliver for Belgium Beer Week,” said ElAmin. “For the 2023 edition, we are going bigger and even better by expanding to more places in Belgium and across the world.”
He added: “Belgium beer culture is recognised by UNESCO as an intangible cultural heritage of humanity. This year we look forward to providing an amazing series of events showcasing this incredibly rich culture and making it more tangible for visitors.”
How it works: Belgium Beer Week is supported by Beer Idiots vzw, a non-profit that publishes news and information on beer culture (www.idiots.beer). There are no tickets for Belgium Beer Week, although participants may charge a fee for some events, such as food and beer pairings. Belgium Beer Week collects a €20 registration fee from participants, which is spent to promote their events and attract people to their venues.
Press text & photos
Belgium Beer Week in the press
- Belgium Beer Week & BXLbeerfest – Bruzz
- 比利时啤酒周 – Visit Brussels
- Belgium Beer Week zet de Belgische biercultuur wereldwijd op de kaart – Biernet
- Belgium Beer Week in China – Beijing press
- BXL Beer Fest volgt Belgian Beer Week naadloos op – Bruzz
- Schol Belgium Beer Week in Hong Kong – Harbourtimes
- 比利时啤酒周 – Beers ‘n’ Bites Brussels
- Belgium Beer Week kicks off – Beer Idiots
- Big in Brussels – 13 Stars of Brussels Beer – Beercity Brussels
- Belgium Beer Week at – De Koninck
- Belgium Beer Week BAPAS Pairing Fermenthings – Beer.be
- ATV (video) – Een week lang proeven van de Belgische biercultuur
- Nieuwsblad – Een week lang proeven van de Belgische biercultuur
- Gazet van Antwerpen – Een week lang proeven van de Belgische biercultuur